Sunday, December 02, 2007

Holiday Season

It's December already! Holiday season has begun and for me this year is marked by this movie. "Enchanted" is the second movie I ever watched in the movie theater ended with applause from the enthused audience in the theater (the first one being this one). Almost every plot was predictable but the production and acting are very fun and enjoyable that people totally are entertained by Disney poking fun at themselves. Amy Adams totally shines and stands out in the show.

It's very very rare that I get to talk to every single person from my family on the phone the same day while I'm over here in the US (well, Doris through MSN but I guess that still counts). I'm so glad mom brought up the idea that these days even though the internet has virtually connected the whole world but people actually communicated less. People spend more time in front of the monitor screens more often than really talking to people. I did a google search on the word "addiction" because of work (we are teaching about "drug addiction" in class) and surprisingly in China the top searches are all about internet addiction. I think people in China are in desperate need to fill their apparently empty social and spiritual lives on the internet. Of course I'm sort of isolated here in this part of the world the computer has been a major way of communication for me but I do not consider online communication the replacement of real life communications. And I have learned the hard way more than once not to take things on the web too seriously. Anyways, I can never say enough that I am truly grateful for my family's unwavering support and freedom provided these many years.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile my friend!! How are you doing??? :-) I love your blog. So fun and full of good stuff!