Monday, February 19, 2007

Oscar is this Sunday but they already gave out their first award, best foreign actor...

It is a real oscar statuette in my hand and it's HEAVY! Too bad the pic didn't turn out that well and I looked like I was stealing the thing. My friend's pic looks much better. Anyways, this past Chinese New Year weekend which happened to be US President's Day we took the trip to So Cal and it was great fun. The weather there was sooooooo beautiful!!! In addition to the great food (real Italian in Beverly Hills, Thai in Thai Town, and nice crepe inside Kodak Theatre), the highlight of the trip was going to a live nationwide TV show for the first time in america.


The show is GREASE - You Are the One That I Want! and here are some of my thoughts and happenings at the show:

~ We were worried about traffic and parking but we were there ahead of time that we were able to park inside the studio lot and got in after a rather lengthy 2 hour wait to be placed (not seated because of standing room only for most audience) inside the studio.

~ The show pretty much looked the same live as on TV but of course with better atmosphere and live band sound. All the performers, panel, and the hosts looked great but it's interesting to see the crew keep powdering the guys more often than the girls. And the hosts are preped by the teleprompter before and during the show. It reminds me of General Conference... :)

~ Since I am a BYU and Young Ambassador alumnus, I should be rooting for Jason but honestly his elimination did not surprise me, probably his family as well. We were wondering if there were any fans of Jason and the only ones we saw were his family. It's kind of funny out of all the audience I happened to be standing right next to Jason's family and I got to meet and talk to some of them very briefly -- Adam and Ken and sent condolence (is that a proper word?) to one of them when Jason was eliminated. Adam said he would have given me an extra fan shirt had he known I was there. That would be kinda embarrasing though I would admit. :p

~ About the performance, I didn't see much of the action because the place was quite packed but we were much luckier than the loud Chad fans who were stuck at a lower podium behind us. So much for the noise they made, ha! Anyways, I think the main reasons Jason lost were lack of votes and his too pop style. He's a good performer but for some reason he's a little tense and not as loosened up as many of the other contestants (maybe because it's Sunday?) He's facing fierce competition and he had gone a very long way to be this far in the competition anyways. Now I'm rooting for Chad (Austin is great but I don't think he's suitable for the role) and Ashley (she's gorgeous!!!) to win the competition.


Have a wonderful year of the pig! :)

No comments: