Saturday, November 29, 2008

Appreciation

First of all I can't be happier about the gas price these days! It's less than half of what it was only a few months ago (just compare that to a couple blog entries back). Great news for my upcoming trips for the holiday. Also I stupidly locked my keys in the car again and luckily found someone with AAA membership to call for help. I'm still one month short of being able to switch my insurance agent and I will switch to AAA for sure when the time comes.

Since last year I realized the so called Black Friday is getting pointless since one can get lots of deals online as well so I don't see why one would brave the coldness, darkness, and sleep deprivation just to save a few bucks. It's shocklingly sad that something like the Walmart trampling would happen here in the USA. I'm a humanist that any similar incidents in the past like the deaths caused by pilgrimage in Islamic Mecca, partying in Lan Kwai Fong a few years back in Hong Kong, and now the "doorbusters" in NYC are simply beyond my understanding. Nothing should take priority over a human life. People really are paying a heavy price for lessons on becoming truly civilized. Ironically I did check out a few items yesterday way after the "early bird doorbuster" whatchamacallit hours. As I was waiting in line to pay I was glad what I saw was the huge turnout of customers were doing their holiday shopping in an orderly manner. The lady behind me in line needed a lift for her bulky merchandize that I was more than happy to give her a hand. And she explained it was for upgrading her mom's bathroom and she was happy about it. So I'm not against the holiday shopping season at all as long as people are making each other happy. But I do think they need to do away the "doorbuster" concept as it will probably bring back bad memories from now on.

Anyway once in a while I like to do a video post with clips I enjoy. These two songs are my favorite lately and Ne-yo and Thicke's albums are the ones I love the most this year.




And the Muppet Show is my favorite show of all time. I still vividly remember how crazily I would LROF as I watched the show as a kid. If you wonder why I use the Swedish chef as my profile pic check these out. They are silly funny but I never get tired watching them and have a great laugh. LOL!

No comments: