Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finally... end of hiatus...

I don't even know why it has been almost 4 months since I last blogged, be it being busy or lazy, I'm just summing it up here the happenings all at once...

Went back to HK twice(!!!) for my own/mom's birthdays as well as Doris' wedding, both were fun and it was surprisingly nice to meet the new family as well as relatives/friends/acquaintances not seen for so long. Things went smooth and memorable... paid off my car!!! Now already setting my eyes on a new one... saw Alicia Keys in concert for my first HK trip... have been reading "The Year of Living Biblically" which is an amazing read... China did host an impressive Olympics, can the "success" last and be extended to other areas? Stay tuned... moved to my new place and it's 3-4 times as big and loving it, not so much the commute in the morning though, and I miss the old place somehow esp. the pool... halloween party at my new place planned for a handful but a dozen people showed up with one whole pizza left over which became my lunch/dinner for the entire week... Nathan visited in July, Emily and then Scott in September, Cindy in October, anyone next? I'm taking reservations now and I've got room (and board)... students are doing great, as long as my lunatic supervisor doesn't meddle with us/them (is she reading this?)... presented on psycholinguistics for the school. I don't know about the audience but at least I learned a lot myself during preparation and I did get good feedback... Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Enchanted, Pochahontas, Godspell, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pippin...) came to perform within five minute drive from my apartment! I was mesmerized by his talent and the singers he brought with... excited about the new President but not so thrilled about the bickering between the LDS and the Prop 8 opponents... really looking forward to the break and the trips in Christmas/New Year...

Those were included in the red pockets/laisees I gave them...

After the banquet.

It's an illusion... the big birds couldn't touch my lunch (with Cassandra and Cindy) because of the glass window.

And we saw something like this... a wild otter enjoying crab in the ocean! Lunch time for all of us...

That's about it. A happy birthday shoutout to Anthony and dad! And I think this is too cute not to put up.

No comments: