Monday, April 02, 2007

Completely random...

Can't believe it's already April and I've started counting down towards my annual leave (which means trip home and travel and eat and play, woahoo!) These past couple weeks these following things either happened or somehow ended up in my thoughts...

~ I thought I would never really liked the weather here in Monterey as it was often gloomy, humid, and cold when I first arrived. But when it's warm and sunny and approaching summer, weather in Cali is REAL NICE! We often just decide to have class out in the sun and now I'm used to the humidity here as well.

~ I can't be happier about the place I live! It has actually been quite a hassle when they are doing the huge remodeling work around my building, and it's hard to even find a way in and out of my apartment while they are repaving the ground. It happened a couple times utilities were interrupted (sorry Victor about the water the day you were here!) but Diane told me they would give me a $300 credit for my rent that I was quite happy. And then a few days later they even decided to give me a month of rent free! Quite a few people told me I've been paying a little too much for my rent but I absolutely love my place with its excellent location and facilities. Despite the "inconvenience" I pretty much got my air ticket home paid for without doing anything and the ground work didn't really affect me that much since I'm out of the house most of the time during the day. So people, it's a place you LIVE and you gotta love it first and it will pay back! :)

~ This probably sound pretty lame but I thought I'd post it here anyways. The website HumanForSale has been up quite a while but I stumbled across it again and I figured my current price is $1,625,038. The sad thing is I'm still cheaper than most houses in this area... but the good news is that I'm still "smarter" than 89.67% of all people according to the Am I Dumb web site... no worries, I'm not taking these seriously, um, maybe I'll change my mind when I'm worth more...

~ I have put up the counter and the stats for this page and I found it very intriguing. I always wonder who have been visiting my site (or stalking me, whatever you may call it), I don't mean to spy on people but it is quite fun to guess who those people are (you!) At least I know when they come visit and where they are from. Feel free to leave me a word or two!

~ I came across this definition of "unconditional love": you love someone no matter what and the other person does not have to love you back. It's simple and straightforward enough but it just dawned on me now. If Christ has unconditional love for everyone and we are commanded to emulate Him, I doubt if I have achieved 1% of what we are required to do... sigh...

~ At last, more pictures I (or others) took for fun in the past month...
Lake Tahoe is heaven-like...

A 100-year old Rolls Royce!!!

Another old car (with an old man) in the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV

Everything in America has to be ranked #1 somehow...

Upon entering the Valley of Death...

I was very close to the lowest point in America!

No comments: