Sunday, June 10, 2007

Silly me...

I've never embarrassed myself that bad as a teacher, but on Friday there was truly a classic moment in the classroom. I was trying to explain the translation of a Chinese sentence using the "把A看成是B" grammar construction to a student. So I made an attempt to do a "literal translation" into English, which went "I looked at her as..." while I even put an emphasis on the word "as". Not until then I realized the sudden silence in the room and the students' looks of shock on their face. Only after about 5 seconds I realized what I said and the whole room erupted into huge laughs and I had no choice but to laugh at myself! I made them promise they did not record what I said. Well, you gotta love these guys.

More silly humor I found...
~Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.
~Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
~Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
~I'm not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
~Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
~God must love stupid people; he made so many.
~Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
~Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
~A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
~Procrastinate now!

No comments: