Monday, June 25, 2007

Time to upgrade!

To my surprise my new laptop arrived almost a full week ealier than I expected! I am typing at this very moment on it and I am so thrilled! I was excited to experiment with Windows Vista. It is pretty nice with rather cool graphics and it does run like Macs. Good thing I have experience with Macs at BYU, especially while working at the ELC. There are still million things to explore on how to make it work more efficiently and smoothly for me.
At the same time, after more than four years with my old Dell Laptop, I'm laying it to rest. It's funny that it seems to realize what I was going to do that for the past couple days it "behaved" quite nicely that I was able to do what I needed to with it. I guess no more 30-minute machine booting and a full day of turning computer on and off just to get windows running properly from now on. I actually probably will miss the experience with this "little guy" which both gave me so many headaches and helped me with my achievements, most notably my MA thesis and provided me with endless hours of entertainment, i.e. all sorts of fun downloads, ha!
My last piece of news is that the big project I was involved with lately has finally come to an end. I did NOT get the job. I was one of the (up to five, I don't know how many) finalists being considered to be a guide for mandarin.about.com, I'm happy to have got this far though (I sound like an American Idol!) and honestly I did not put my fullest effort in it because I knew I would probably have trouble working for them due to my current circumstances. It was a nice learning experience nevertheless and I learned more about what I am capable of doing now and in the future. Thanks Nate for the opportunity!

No comments: