Saturday, July 07, 2007

Wonders

I like today's date. 7 has always been my favorite number.

I've been quite occupied by what I considered as errants but something can't live without: figuring out the new computer, fixing the internet connection (I do have internet withdrawal syndromes), fixing my car, someone's birthday, and some important legal paper work (no, I'm not suing or being sued by someone). Amidst all this madness I was able to experience and enjoy some of the natural or man-made wonders in the area.

We had our first class outing about a week ago and the weather was perfect. After the "Chinese" lunch at a restaurant we headed to the beach for a few games. Had a great time. It's incredible to see these soldiers playing Chinese kid games!
Last weekend I finally made it to the well known Hearst Castle. The media magnate millionaire William Hearst made his dream of building a European style castle dwelling come true by working with the bold female architect Julie Morgan. (I finished reading a children book of her biography at the giftshop!) Owning over 250,000 acres of land, he constructed a castle spanning over 100 acres with 165 rooms and two humongous swimming pools. I would die to swim in those!

Then we checked out the Point Lobos Reservation on July 4th and the view is so stunningly beautiful and it was surprisingly calm and quiet except for the sound of the waves and the occasional noise from the wild seals.That is the remains of a whale the fisherman caught years ago!

No comments: