Sunday, July 15, 2007

Getting hi-teched...

I found technology more and more amazing each day. The DVD drive has been having problems on my new laptop and I've been working on that for the past week with technicians from Dell over the last week. You know these days much of the IT service is outsourced to India from the US and so what happened was a bunch of tech guys remotely accessed my computer from India (cuz I could tell from their names). It's so crazy watching some invisible guy working on my computer through the internet. Their conclusion after a whole week of investigating on my system is that I need a new drive that they will send me a new one. I'm glad I get the problem fixed without taking the computer anywhere or even leaving my desk at all.

I'm also addicted to YouTube these days that I found so many lost gems and hidden treasures like my favorite cartoons from childhood, tv shows from around the world, and lots of hilarious stuff. If you download the latest version of Real Player you can even save them onto your own computer! Here are some of my new founds:

I think I saw this quite a while ago but it still looks better than many shows you pay to watch now!

I was so glad I was referred to this that I never got to read the books even though I have them. It is even more interesting to see and hear first hand with Patten what was actually going on the few years before the handover.

When I first listened to this girl sing, I didn't quite like it, but as I saw her on different episodes I was mesmerized by her grace and poise. She's just a heaven-sent angel.

I think I saw this documentary in the theater when I was very little. Sky is the limit of what humans can do.

I saw this dog on another tv show and I guess there are times people can learn from dogs...

Last but not least this is my favorite cartoon of all time! So funny, random, and hip at the time. It's like the asian version of the Simpsons. I used to rush home after school to watch it to get good laughs.

Ok, enough idly sitting and watching stuff. I'd better go out do something more active to shed off my extra few pounds...

No comments: