Monday, July 30, 2007

Update

Another couple weeks. Or even another year has passed. Birthday does not mean as much for me now but I still managed to take a trip to Vegas, West Grand Canyon in Arizona, and San Diego last weekend. These are the places I always enjoy or long to go. Quite an experience. We drove a total of about 1600 miles in 4 days but it was very enjoyable. Stayed at Planet Hollywood in Vegas the first day and I had my free birthday seafood buffet at Todai. The seafood platter I created was way better than a birthday cake!Then we were headed to my much anticipated West Grand Canyon and experienced the Skywalk.It was smaller than we expected but the view was spectacular and it did feel scary when I took the first step onto the middle of the glass floor with 4000 feet deep of Grand Canyon clear below. I wish they had built a complete glass platform instead of a U-shape walkway with only a tiny path of trasparent glass. We chose to stay at the cabin there in the ranch for the night. It was shockingly barren and primitive when we arrived at the "cowboy town" but it turned out to be a nice, peaceful, and quiet stay in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle we are always in. We even befriended a local native Hualapai tribe member that he taught us how to toss horseshoes, throw axes, and even play with guns. He also told us a little bit about his background and the area. My friend said the horsewagon ride was even more fun than Skywalk. I would not mind doing this kind of living in the wild more often.Horse wagon ride towards Grand CanyonPlaying with a gun!Being a silly and stupid cowboy...Sunrise looking out from our cabin.We also drove pass the Hoover Dam en route to Grand Canyon.
San Diego is rather cool and hip with its rich and diverse culture.Historic building in Balboa Park
Our last event for the trip was the Wild Animal Park. I love animals. Especially those from Africa! How can this be possible?! I did see both zebras and giraffes at the zoo which is waaaayyyy coooool.

No comments: