Monday, September 03, 2007

Connections

It's been a year since I started this blog, and it has been an interesting one. My transition from a student into a US federal employee, relocation from UT to CA, moving on from the old DELL laptop to this new one, and all the accompanying changes can't have been better. No complaints.

During this week of class break plus the long weekend, I have lots of opportunity to really play around on the internet. Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg, (Just read an article about him on Newsweek. What a smarty. He's already a millionaire at 23.) I found Facebook a really great tool since I started using it a couple years ago. In the past week I was able to reconnect with quite a few high school and mission friends that I have totally lost touch with. A few thoughts on using Facebook though:
1. I don't really consider all the connections as friends. They are more like acquaintences because a lot of them are just connected with me with absolutely no interactions.
2. I hesitate using the Top Friends application as I always remember a good friend of mine once said he never ranked his friends. To be honest I don't really consider those Top Friends requests as from my "top friends" as I still yet hear anything from them personally. I just see the application as pointless.
3. Talking about applications, I found a lot of the applications annoying and I prefer a "cleaner" page with real communications that people really put thoughts into their own words and mean what they say. Just my opinion.
So what does "friend" mean anyway? Oh, well I guess I'm taking all these a little too seriously.
And I saw this live on TV (I don't know if I am considered lucky or not), I was puzzled and shocked at the time, but little did I know it would have become the talk of the country and on YouTube! Hilarious though.Poor girl. It's so ironic that she's the perfect person to be asked such a question because it's likely she's among those 1/5 of the "US Americans" and "such as". And the conclusion that my friend and I came to is that beauty pagent is a BEAUTY pagent. We can't really expect more from it. And she should have just said "World peace" like Sandra Bullock did in Miss Congeniality. LOL.

1 comment:

Worthy said...

This is hilarious!!! It gave me a great laugh!