Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mighty Mormons Marie and Mitt

I hate to use such a tacky title, but this is really how I feel about these two. They both appear on CNN.com today for different reasons. One took a fall.While the other confused "Obama" with "Osama".I just read a feature story of Romney on Newsweek and I think he is a decent candidate but with a slim chance winning the election. Nevertheless, these two are real so-called "troopers" (referring to Osmond in DWTS). These are the high-profile people who practice their religion with their actions, not with their lips. They even shy away from mentioning their beliefs when it is not necessary. It is not because of shame but actions speak a lot louder than words. I think often times people who profess they belong to such and such religion are actually doing a disservice to whatever or whoever they believe in because their actions do not quite match what they preach. This applies to any religion (or the lack thereof).

Anyways, I saw one of the coolest things in life this past weekend. As a former biology major I always love animals of most kinds, especially the ones in the ocean. Seeing humpback whales (not one, but three!!!), dolphins, otters, sea lions swimming wild and free in the ocean totally made all the dizziness, freeze, starvation, and wait worthwhile and made me appreciate life even more.Not much can be seen here but underneath the waves in the middle actually are three whales swimming. I was too cold and dizzy to take the snapshot at the right moment...I did see something like this though...

No comments: