Friday, October 05, 2007

Mixed...

This is quite laughable but it does ring true to how I felt for the past week at work. After all the frustrating waiting, negotiating, delaying, discussing, promoting, demoting, gossipping, all the way up to today's eventual moving of my office, all I can say is it's rather disappointing what has happened at work and I really despise bureaucracy and sticking to the norms for no reason. At one point I was so angry to the changes that I wanted to quit and I felt so underappreciated for all the things I have done. This is not the first time things have gone this way in my life. To make things worse, I was really disappoionted that none of the students from the graduating class got to talk to me or even say bye yesterday despite my taking time off to attend their graduation ceremony. I can't really blame anyone as I had to leave early because of class but I thought I could at least talk to a few of them. Oh well, everyone has to move on, I guess. I'm fine now but I hope history won't repeat as I will be sort of leaving another group of students that I even like better starting next week.

I'm not in desperate despair though. I can't be happier hanging out with my family now that I get to eat a lot better, sleep a lot more, and show my family around whenever I get off work. My work schedule these days have been very cooperative and sort of flexible as my boss is very understanding that she allows me to maximize my time spent on my family's visit. I can't wait to travel in 10 days! And I will be watching Dancing with the Stars live!!!

No comments: