Sunday, April 20, 2008

A new day... and say...

Friday was quite a big day for me mostly due to the incoming new students and my new responsibilities. I felt like I had learned a lot more on this particular day than any other since I came to work. Despite a few kinks with the Smartboard (I guess it is not so smart after all) the day went down quite well and fast. I seemed to have gotten the good draw of a group of experienced and bright students while having a nice team of colleagues that the meeting I had to hold ran smoothly as well. As long as we keep the high hopes with the current motivation to work well together this team looks very promising. And the biggest reward for myself toward the end of the day is that I got my new HDTV! Yeehaw!!!

And of course I have been following the Olympic controversy. I am not going to deliberate my opinions too much again here (I'm scared of death threats and such...) but I just want to say there are too many people maybe unintentionally upholding double standards. On one hand they say such an event should not "involve politics" but on the other hand they would protest against other countries' attitude and opinions towards the occasion. Haven't their protests become part of the politics per se? I actually find the current Olympic theme of "One World, One Dream" a chilling idea as it resembles the ideology of tyrants past and present. The intolerance of different voices and opinions would only make the current sitation worse which is something the Chinese, especially the CCP needs to learn if the nation is to present itself as a real power on the world stage. My conclusion for everyone is this song which has been a favorite of mine in the last few days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and my best wishes for this new team and new class. I know you'd do a great job!!!
^_^
Katherine