Monday, September 04, 2006


My alarm clock kept failing on me three days in a row that my schedule is so messed up to an embarrassing level. In church pretty much everyone's first reaction when they saw me was like "You're still here! When are you leaving?" Am I not welcomed any more? I never announced my departure officially and up to this moment I still don't know when I'm leaving Provo. I am ready to go though. And I really like what I saw in Monterey, CA.

I found the BYU commercial on the net in which I did a voice over with the football legend Chad Lewis. The recording session was done a couple months ago at the LDS Motion Picture Studio. The commercial is about him using his heavily accented Chinese to promote the outstanding language programs at the Y. I only sang one line of the cougar fight song in Chinese and you have to pay real attention to notice it. I am the guy hidden in the Chinese lion for a lion dance. It was a fun experience and Chad is quite a down-to-earth guy and he said he visited Hong Kong often when he was in China promoting American football. You can watch the commercial here.

To be honest, I was bored at the FHE tonight. As I predicted, the "lecture" was a real long one aimed at YSAs. I've had enough of those, especially from the same speaker of the night. After that, Alvin, FH, and Zack came for movie at my apartment and we watched The Myth by Jackie Chan which is pretty fun but just ok in quality. For dessert, we created our own special banana splits, or banana boats in Chinese, with all the left over snacks and junk food available in my kitchen like cocoa rice crispies, oreo cereal, peanuts, hershey's syrup, and even wasabi beans on Alvin's and Zack's. They looked more like shipwrecks than boats. IT IS HILARIOUS and it cracks me up.








This is what a real banana split looks like at the HK Disney hotel (courtesy of La Belle Amy Shreeve).

No comments: