Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Back!

It's been three days since I got back. It's always a little hard to leave home and head straight back to work. It's good I get busy right away and my depression period is shortened to it's minimum. It's so rad that my students all clapped when I stepped into the classroom as a gesture of welcoming back! So touched! Sniff... :)

This is the list of "accomplishments" of my trip back to HK/China/Japan:
~Had a 5-day trip to Japan and totally enjoyed the food, shopping, rides at Universal Studio, and even the culturally shocking Japanese hot springs with my family;
~Helped the YAs with their supertitles and visit to my high school and loved their performances;
~Got my new HKID and US visa;
~Visited with my elementary/high school friends, with a couple of them seen the first time in over a decade!
~received traditional Chinese medical treatment: super bitter soup, acupuncture (over 40 needles in 3 weeks, oooooouch!), and cupping, and it's working!
~watched about 10 movies (DVDS, and movies-in-flight) with Dreamgirls, Freedom Writers, and Little Miss Sunshine being my favorites;
~read the book "The Mormon Way of Doing Business" which was a great read;
~visited HKIE and Bishop/Dr. Alan Cheung;
~visited Dr. Sun Yat-sen Museum formerly known as Kom Tong Hall, Hong Kong Heritage Museum in Shatin, Lantau Island with the new cable car and attractions, Lamma with the YAs, and Southern China with the family;
~ate lots of lots of real, great, and authentic(!) food: Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, local HK style, Taiwanese, Thai...
~acquired lots of Chinese teaching related materials, etc., etc

What a trip!!!

2 comments:

Nate said...

Hey man what's that new museum like? I last saw it right when the church was handing it over to the govt...

Raymond said...

I love the museum but probably because it brings back so many fond memories. I'm glad they preserved the baptismal font 'cause I was baptized there! They even show a movie that President Wan talks about his childhood in Kom Tong! You definitely should go!