Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More adventure...

I was away in mainland for another couple days. Before that I attended the Young Ambassadors' fireside at Homantin. It was like a mini-reunion! In addition to the YAs, Chad and Sue (Boothe) were there which was a pleasant surprise!
Their singing was phenomenal and I personally think they did way better than we did 2 years ago. My singing was ok that year but what went behind the scene was a nightmare... Anyways, it was all like yesterday and sometimes I even imagined if I could relive that experience all over again. It was even a bit difficult bidding farewell again and I have no clue when if I even get to see any of them ever again...
I was gonna get all the YAs from 05 for a snapshot but after the fireside the hall was as chaotic as most firesides at HMT afterwards as usual that the closest thing I got was this: a shot with Chloe with the Boothe's and the Barrington's in the background. Ha! :)

On Monday, I was a bit nervous to reapply for my US work visa but it went a lot easier and smoother than I expected. What's funny was there were 2 singers/movie stars right in front and beside of me in line. Charlie Yeung (楊采妮) was right in the front and Rebecca Pan (潘迪華) was a few more spots ahead but next to me often because of the winding line. Charlie was really pretty without heavy makeup unlike what I saw in Japan that many girls were so "artificial" almost to the point of scary. People in line were "forced" to eavesdrop about their exchanging complains about the hassle of applying for a visa. They are superstars but still had to suffer waiting in line as everybody else. Charlie was turned away once because of her wrong photo size and incomplete address. The staff even pronounced her address out loud over the speaker! As for my case, the consulate was nice enough to chat with me about my job and even asked me to teach him mandarin. I guess my case was approved right away.

No comments: