Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hidden Treasures

Less than 20 hours to go... sigh...

Whenever people asked me what are the must-sees in Hong Kong before, I was never quite sure how to respond. Now I have a better idea, especially if you are genuinely into what the real Hong Kong culture is...

There are more than one SoHo areas that have popped up in Hong Kong. The one in Central is filled with international restaurants and pubs.

Krispy Kreme is here too! I realized they have more flavors here and they are not bad at all. There are already three stores in HK now.

Close to the escalator area of course is Kom Tong, now known as Dr. Sun Yat Sen Museum. It's a great museum for learning more about modern history of China.

The portrait of Jesus Christ at the entrance is now replaced by a statue of Dr. Sun.
It means most to me of course because this is where I grew up in the Church, served my mission, had my first car accident...
...and I was baptized in this very place!!!

Another nice place to visit is the Hong Kong Heritage Museum in Shatin. I learned a great deal myself through my first visit. And the huge museum was close to empty on a Friday afternoon when I visited!

No comments: