Saturday, May 26, 2007

More movies...

I wanted to see Spiderman 3 when it came out while I was in HK/Japan and I finally got to see it tonight. Contrary to what my former classmate friend said, this one is AWESOME! Even though personally I think the visuals and graphics are not as stunning as the previous one (esp. visuals like the train sequence from the last one), I love the plot of this triquel. It touched on things like friendship, relationship, family, personal choice, forgiveness, love/hate, ego/pride, etc. I love the idea of the evil extraterrestial parasite turning into evil if a person allows its symbiosis to grow. What does this black power mean? At the end the movie almost sounds like a church movie that Peter Parker goes, "Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. My friend Harry taught me that. He chose to be the best of himself. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right."
I forgot to mention another movie I watched that I really like during my trip -- Blood Diamond. I just love movies that make you think but entertaining at the same time.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Yeah I loved Spiderman 3 too. Even if I did get a little jealous at the way my wife stares at Tobey...