Saturday, October 07, 2006


It's been rather miraculous how I got my housing settled. I was planning to stay at the school lodge for a few more days but I was informed I had to move out because of their overbooking during the holiday weekend. Good thing I was able to get in touch with a Wang Laoshi whom I've never met and she was willing to let me stay at hers for 3 weeks before I move into my new apartment. She's been extremely hospitable and friendly and offered whatever I need. It's just like a mortal guardian angel appearing at the time of need. I wonder if I am doing the same for others when needed and we all need that as well.

She asked me where I graduated from and as I mentioned BYU she just beamed and said "I love your song and dance group!" She was referring to the Young Ambassador's performance she saw in Beijing (where she's from) during the early 80's. I told her I was part of the group last year and traveled to China as well. What a conincidence.

I took a bunch of pictures with my cell phone but haven't got to load them to my computer yet. Stay tuned... and happy Moon Festival! I want moon cakes!

No comments: