Wednesday, October 04, 2006


Thanks to Amy's notice, I was able to watch the Young Ambassador's TV special "Journey Through China" on the internet at the MIIS library. I thought that program was not going to make it on TV at all and it's surprising it's being broadcast rather frequently on BYUTV. As I watched it, those bittersweet experience of the 30-day tour all came back along with some of my fondest memories. Good times.

Right before I got to the library, I was curious to see one of the main streets in downtown was completely blocked off and a huge crowd was all over. It was a weekly farmer's market right at the center of the city and I loved the atmosphere and the fun stuff that they have. Fresh produce, food stalls with items from all over the world, handicrafts, live music, etc. This town is not as boring as I once thought. I even ran into Sara and Sophia there.

As I get acquainted with the 30 army students and the fellow teachers more, teaching is not as nerve-wrecking any more. Some of them are amazingly good, especially the ones who are pro-active and have a positive learning attitude. It does seem to show that there is a correlation between attitude and outcome in learning. And I finally got my housing issue resolved. Yay! I'm excited!

No comments: