Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Well, nothing special really planned for Halloween, but I did have a rather unusual experience a couple days ago. I was taking a walk along the famous Cannery Row by the Monterey Bay beach and I discovered this Spirit of Monterey Wax Museum and I was curious enough to check it out. The guy who worked there told me he self taught Esperanto, and at that point I couldn't recall what language it was, but now I remember it was one of those "artificial" languages meant to be a world language which never got caught on. Anyways, it was around 7pm but there's NObody inside the museum and it's really dark and seemed like a haunted house. It was designed to be educational but turned out to be just a plain creepy place. The old recording of Nobel Laureate John Steinbeck's voice just made it even more peculiar. One of the wax figures even breathed! Good thing I wasn't scared and thought I should have paid to go to a real haunted house. So I think I have already had my Halloween moment this year.

2 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :-) Halloween here in HK was cute. All the little kids at my complex were running around like crazy gathering treats from the doormen. It was hilarious! Loved it.

Raymond said...

It's funny that I expected kids to show up at our door trick-or-treating but saw none. How in the world did they all end up being in Hong Kong?