Monday, October 09, 2006


Slept a lot over the holiday weekend and still want to rest more because I think my body has been overworked. Yesterday after church I was going to have a walk with a couple friends along the beach at Point Lobos but instead I slept in for a nap and ended up wandering in Carmel-by-the-Sea by myself trying to catch up with them. However the beach and scene in Carmel were stunningly beautiful and heavenly. With the perfect weather and nice art galleries around, this place is just lovely. What I like about the towns here in Monterey County is that it has the real small town USA vibe without the typical chain stores like MckieDs, Walmart, GAP, etc. Ok, there IS a Golden Arches in downtown Monterey, but all fast food chains are not as popular here as in anywhere else. How can one escape from running into the big Ms anywhere in the world? Maybe Antartica? The other night I even saw the Taco Bell in downtown completely... empty during prime time!!! That's incredible.
Last night I saw a wonderful documentary on China on the Discovery Channel. I think it should be a required viewing for all students of Chinese or anyone interested in the current situations in China. I am going to buy a copy from their store.

No comments: